Monday, February 5, 2007
The Plan
Hello. My name is Anthony. I am a sophomore at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB). This web log is a result of an assignment for my journalism class. Jour311 is about the information gathering process and how it leads to publishable news stories in a variety of media. I selected a news beat on Jan. 29. My beat is education. My plan is to investigate various issues regarding the educational system in the nation, state, and local area. I have thus far identified two interesting topics. The first has to do with students who are English language learners. According to a Christian Science Monitor story published last month, there are 5.8 million such students in the nation’s schools. Since the story focused on elementary school students, I assume this does not include university students. The next issue has to do with exit exams. In many states there is a controversy going on regarding whether or not they should be given. My plan is to learn lots more about the nation’s and state’s schools. I also intend to see how CSULB is preparing future teachers to confront these and other issues. Above all, I’ll keep it as accurate as I can and have a good time with my reporting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment